Despite being a leading source of global air pollution and causing over four million deaths every year, cooking is too often overlooked as a development priority. Clean cooking (i.e., preparing food using cleaner, more efficient fuels and stoves) can transform lives by improving health, protecting the climate and the environment, empowering women, and helping families save time and money.
The “Clean Cooking Is…” Campaign (Campaign), launched at the Clean Cooking Forum 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya, by a coalition of global champions – including companies, chefs, governments, actors, NGOs, and more – will leverage digital media, traditional media, events, and user- and partner-created content to:
Help us make clean cooking accessible to all by spreading the word about this important issue, and get involved by sharing your story at www.cleancookingis.com/getinvolved.
The Campaign cares about your privacy and as such follows all regulations and responsibilities of our host organization, the United Nations Foundation.
The Campaign is the sole owner of the information collected on the website. We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the organization.
Personal information we collect
Generally, you are free to visit the Campaign website without submitting data that identifies you personally. However, we do ask you to provide some personal data for certain interactions within our website. This data varies depending on the interaction but may include name, address, email address and other similar information (“Personal Information”). We do not request sensitive information such as social security numbers.
When we collect Personal Information
Below are the ways in which we collect your Personal Information through specific actions and circumstances. By choosing to participate in any of the following activities, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information.
- When you sign up to receive email newsletters from us;
- When you participate in surveys;
- When you complete an advocacy activity or survey online;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with processing your grant applications;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media and peer to peer accounts involving the Campaign;
- When you participate in online communities;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the website;
- When you provide user-generated content on any part of the website that permits it; and
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender and postal code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
Social media platforms
How we use your data
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. With your consent we may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your interactions and sending you information about features on our website or about the organization;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services and operations;
- Research and development;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Advocating to decision makers on specific issues;
- Performing statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
How we protect your data
The “Clean Cooking Is…” campaign intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures, including industry-standard encryption for transmission of credit card information, to help keep your information secure, accurate, current and complete.
If you have any concerns about the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information, please contact email@example.com
Compliance with the EU GDPR data regulations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular, those related to the following requests:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Correction of the Personal Information we hold;
- Deletion of your Personal Information;
- A restriction of processing of your Personal Information;
- Transfer of your Personal Information to another party; or,
- Objection to processing of your Personal Information based on the Campaign’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to use it.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if any of the following apply:
- You have any questions or requests regarding this policy;
- You would like to remove all Personal Information from our database;
- You would like to view Personal Information you shared with us;
- You would like to change your account preferences;
- You no longer wish to receive email updates from the Campaign;
- You believe the Campaign has erroneous or incomplete information about you; or,
- You believe a child below the age of 16 years may have submitted Personal Information without the consent of a parent or guardian.
For more information about your rights under the GDPR, please visit https://gdpr-info.eu.
Questions and comments should be directed to inf email@example.com
Clean Cooking Alliance
1750 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300
Washington, D.C. 20006